LifePlus® Hardwood Timber Decking is a new and improved timber decking product for domestic and light-commercial applications. LifePlus® delivers longer life plus improved performance, particularly in weather exposed conditions.
LifePlus® timber decking features:
- A unique and improved hardwood decking profile, incorporating…
- A natural lower slip exposed timber face, which reduces the likelihood of slipping on a wet deck;
- Tapered sides, which reduces debris retention and improves ventilation between the decking and joist;
- A warp-reducing groove and ripple on the underside, which reduces distortion and improves ventilation between the decking and joist.
Selected Australian Hardwoods
LifePlus® is manufactured from selected Australian hardwoods recognised as delivering superior performance in fully weather exposed conditions.
LifePlus® is manufactured to a high standard on the exposed face for improved timber weathering performance.
Outdoor Structures Australia deckwood is treated with Tanalith E a new generation timber preservative which does not include CCA - in other words - treatment is with a non-chrome & non-arsenic preservative.
How to avoid dissatisfaction
Problems and associated dissatisfaction with a timber deck can originate in a number of areas unrelated to the quality of the decking timber. Issues arise in timber decks from:
- design and/or detailing,
- choice of structural timber,
- choice of other materials,
- construction of the subframe,
- installation of the decking (a major source of problems),
- finish chosen or finishing techniques, and
- maintenance of the decking.
To achieve satisfaction and the expected lifestyle benefits from your decking project requires quality in all aspects of project planning and delivery.
The LifePlus® Decking System has been developed to ensure this quality. The LifePlus® Decking System considers each of the important elements required to build a timber deck. The decking system specifies or gives advice as to suitable quality and good practices and integrates these elements into a project solution which performs well over a long life.
Combining good practice…
The LifePlus® Decking System combines good timber practices in:
- design and detailing,
- use of LifePlus® Decking,
- use of other quality, and suitable, materials for the subframe, fixings and finishes,
- foundation and subframe construction, and…
- decking installation, finishing and maintenance.
The benefits of this total, integrated approach become more apparent in the medium to long-term as other decking projects without this approach may suffer from poor performance, premature deterioration and reduced enjoyment by its users.
The quality practices which comprise the LifePlus® Decking System are explained in the LifePlus® Decking Guide and the LifePlus® Decking - Essential Information and Recommendations.
For further information on LifePlus® Decking and availability please contact OSA via: email@example.com or 07 5462 4255. For additional technical information, please refer to the LifePlus Decking web site ›